Kathleen M. Kraft
Kathleen M. Kraft
Ms. Kraft is an experienced attorney concentrating primarily in Family Law and Real Estate. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, an honor held by no other lawyer in McLean County. Ms. Kraft handles cases in McLean, Logan, Champaign, Dewitt, Livingston and Woodford counties. She has been recommended by peers as a Leading Lawyer in Family Law for the Leading Lawyers Network and was named an Illinois Super Lawyer on multiple occasions. She has been a presenter at professional seminars for the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the Family Law Section of the Illinois State Bar Association and Lorman.
Ms. Kraft graduated with her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, where she was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa (a leadership honorary). She received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law. She was also a Harno Scholar. Ms. Kraft was admitted to the Illinois Bar and the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois in 1991 and to the U.S. District Court, Central District in 1992.
She is an active member of the Illinois State and McLean County Bar Associations. She is currently a member of the Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section Council and is the Past President of the McLean County Bar Association and the Chair of its Nominating Committee. Her past involvement includes memberships in the Illinois State Bar Association Child Law Section Council, the American Inns of Court, R.C. Underwood Chapter (President, Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer) and the offices of 1st Vice-President, 2nd Vice-President, Secretary, and Social Chair of the McLean County Bar Association. Her community involvement has included The Miller Park Zoological Society Board of Directors and the Prairie State Legal Services Advisory Board.
Click Here to view Kathleen’s listing in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- General Practice
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1992
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. cum laude
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section: 2017 Table Clinics-Demonstrative Evidence, Stipulations; 2001 Family Law Update – Evidence
- Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education: Drafting Marital Settlement Agreements, 2008; 7th Annual Family Law Conference, 2008; 6th Annual Family Law Conference, 2007; Drafting Marital Settlement Agreements, 2006; Using Discovery Tools to Enhance Your Family Law Practice, 2005; 3rd Annual Family Law Conference, 2004
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- McLean County Bar Association, President, 1st Vice-President, 2nd Vice-President, Board of Governors, Nominating Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 1991 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association Board of Governors
- Alpha Phi