Defending Injured Workers’ Rights In Illinois
Workplace injuries can be devastating to a worker and his or her family. Injuries may involve loss of income, significant medical treatment, permanent disability and possibly the loss of occupation. While the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act provides compensation for lost wages, medical treatment and disability awards, employers and their insurers have become increasingly more aggressive in denying claims.
There have been recent significant changes to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act that have adversely affected the rights of injured workers. In today’s adverse workers climate, it is imperative to have aggressive, experienced workers’ compensation attorneys to fight for your rights.
Attorneys at Kraft, Wood & Kelly, LLC, in Bloomington, Illinois, have been representing injured workers before the Workers’ Compensation Commission for more than 80 years. We have what it takes to get results. Trial lawyers at our firm have represented workers with many different injuries, including:
- Back injuries requiring surgical fusions
- Knee and shoulder injuries requiring arthroscopic repair and joint replacement
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital tunnel syndrome caused by repetitive trauma
- Mental and emotional injuries
- Many other types of injuries
We Are Fully Prepared To Go All The Way If Necessary
Our lead workers’ compensation lawyer Terence B. Kelly has successfully litigated wage rate issues and loss of earning capacity claims (wage differentials) through trial and appeal all the way to the Illinois Supreme Court. Through these litigated cases, he has helped establish significant legal rights for all injured workers in the state of Illinois.
- Flynn v. Industrial Commission, 211 Ill.2d 546, 813 N.E.2d 119, 286 Ill. Dec. 62 (Supreme Court of Illinois, 2004), reversing 339 Ill. App. 3d 994, 791 N.E.2d 1301, 274 Ill. Dec. 890 (3rd Dist. 2003)
- Gallianetti v. Industrial Commission, 315 Ill. App. 3d 721, 734 N.E.2d 482, 248 Ill. Dec 554 (3rd Dist. 2000)
- Smith v. Industrial Commission, 308 Ill. App. 3d 260, 719 N.E.2d 329, 241 Ill. Dec. 468 (3rd Dist. 1999)
“I’m Mad About How I Was Treated — But I’m Also Afraid Of Losing My Job”
Workers’ compensation claims are often hotly contested by employers. Very frequently, employees are afraid to assert their rights under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act (WCA) for fear of losing their jobs. At Kraft, Wood & Kelly, LLC, we understand this stress — especially in today’s economy.
If you are considering legal action, you should know that your job is protected. Under Illinois law, employees are protected from being fired for filing workers’ compensation claims. Doing so can give rise to a cause of action for a retaliatory discharge claim.
Contact Us To Get Started
Kraft, Wood & Kelly LLC, is located in the heart of historic downtown Bloomington. To schedule a confidential consultation to discuss your case, contact our Bloomington, Illinois, law firm toll free at 309-829-7069.